Cuisinart is a brand that creates a variety of kitchen appliances and gadgets. They aim to assist their consumers to savor the good life by availing functional, innovative, and quality products.
The Cuisinart ice cream maker is a worthy purchase. It enables one to make ice cream fast with minimal preparation. The ice cream maker is easy to set up, and clean and makes smooth ice cream to enjoy. There are several options to choose from depending on capacity, price, and design.
Cuisinart ice cream makers can also be used to make yogurt, sorbet, and gelato. A majority of all these ice cream makers are fully automatic.
The appliances feature a double-insulated freezer bowl, integrated motor, and mixing paddle.
Moreover, some have a condiment dispenser and pull-out tab to dispense mix-ins such as sprinkles.
Another reason to consider Cuisinart ice cream makers is that they don’t require ice. The double-insulated freezer bowl creates a cool environment for ice cream making.
There are also models with built-in compressors to cool the area around the removable bowl as opposed to freezing the bowl before use.
Be sure to check on the specific model to identify how it works.
Once done, the machine features a keep cool cycle that lasts for about 10 minutes to keep the ice cream, gelato, or sorbet cool.
A disadvantage when using some models is the lack of a timer. They require you to keep track of the churning time which is not convenient.
I’d recommend the Cuisinart 100 ice cream maker since it has a built-in compressor eliminating the need to freeze the bowl. This model also features a timer that allows you to tackle other duties without the worry of over-churning.
How Do I Use My Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker?
As mentioned earlier, using a Cuisinart ice cream maker is straightforward. Here are the major steps to preparing delicious and consistently smooth ice cream.
1. Prepare your ingredients to make your ice cream base. Use a recipe for your favorite ice cream. Check out this vanilla ice cream recipe.
2. Make your ice cream base by mixing the chosen ingredients in a separate bowl. Ensure to use the right ratios and allow for uniform mixing. Use a mixer for better and faster results.
3. Remove the freezer bowl from refrigeration and set it on the machine. Ensure that the bowl has been freezing for a minimum of 24 to 36 hours.
4. Turn the machine on and add your base to the bowl.
5. Allow the ice cream maker to churn the mixture for about 20 minutes. The time varies with the recipe.
6. Before the 20 minutes lapse, ensure to add your mix-ins to the ice cream.
7. Once the machine stops, you’ll have soft-serve ice cream to enjoy. You can also transfer the ice cream to a bowl and freeze it if you prefer hardened ice cream.
Is Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Noisy?
How noisy an appliance is affects other activities in the kitchen and home. Some users have complained of noise coming from Cuisinart ice cream makers.
Yes, some Cuisinart ice cream makers are noisy. The noise levels range from 80 to 91dB. How noisy the appliance seems depends on where you’re using it.
One can easily set up the ice cream maker in the kitchen and continue other business in the living room.
The proximity will determine whether you find the machine noisy or not. Here is a chart showing the different noise levels with examples to compare.
Do You Need Rock Salt for Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker?
No. A Cuisinart ice cream maker does not need rock salt or ice to make ice cream. The machines have an automatic mechanism to freeze and churn the ice cream.
When making ice cream at home, salt is normally added to the ice to lower the melting/freezing point of water.
One requires the ice when freezing the base. Using ice alone does not give the base adequate time to freeze.
Since Cuisinart ice cream makers feature a built-in compressor or a freezer bowl, the freezing process of the base is taken care of.
Tips When Using a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
When buying any appliance, there are things you should do to maintain its condition and guarantee value for money.
Here are some tips when using the Cuisinart ice cream maker for a great user experience.
- When cleaning, DO NOT immerse the motor base in water. Instead, wipe it with a moist cloth.
- The lid, freezer bowl, and mixing arm should be washed with warm soapy water. Avoid abrasive cleaners when washing these sections.
- The freezer bowl is NOT dishwasher safe.
- All the parts should be completely dried after cleaning before fixing them on the ice cream maker.
- Ensure the freezer bowl is completely frozen before you begin preparing the ice cream. For best results, the freezing time should be between 6 hours and 22 hours. The longer the better. It’s advised to store the freezer bowl in the freezer at all times. You’ll know the bowl is ready if you shake and no fluid is moving.
- When placing the bowl in the freezer, wrap it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer burn. It should also be in a stable position to prevent the antifreeze liquid from freezing lopsided.
- Do not fill the freezer bowl higher than ½ from the top when adding the base.
A Cuisinart ice cream maker is worth it as it allows the making of soft-serve ice cream quickly. The appliances are also readily available, easy to use, and maintain.
Moreover, the appliances are multifunctional and can prepare yogurt, ice cream, gelato, and sorbets.
A great advantage of these ice cream makers is that they don’t use ice or rock salt. This makes the process of making ice cream at home straightforward.
You can use different recipes and add a variety of mix-ins to prepare varied ice cream flavors. The Cuisinart ice cream makers are relatively noisy but levels vary depending on the model.
Check this article to learn why your ice has crystals.